Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Beginning Ceramics: Week 10

This past week the Beginning Ceramic students have been very busy with making coil bowls (my lesson plan!).  The students use bowls as their molds to create their coil projects.  Later, the students will be incorporating a color scheme into their projects with their selected glazes (I will be presenting an PowerPoint presentation about color schemes next week).The students have been creating a variety of coils (braids, twists, weaves, balls, etc.) and continue to inform me how much they enjoy the project!

The project's introduction went very well and I am pleased with how well the students understood my expectations. I demonstrated how to assemble their bowls correctly to prevent the clay from sticking to the plastic surface.  The students were great listeners and have been very self efficient and productive with this project.

Below are a few examples of intricate (new vocab word I taught the students) student examples that are in progress.

1 comment:

  1. How do you prevent the clay from sticking to the plastic?

    ReplyDelete