Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sculpture: Week 9

Alright! This past week the students in my Sculpture class have been more than amazing! First of all, the students have been so creative with their cardboard sculptures (their sculptures put my teacher's example to shame!).  It has been a thrill to watch the students finely execute and create their original sculptures.  Ms. Wager and I have been enjoying watching the students' sculptures come to life.

Initially, the students needed a lot of attention and help with the beginning stages of their projects.  Once the students figured out how to create the skeletons and bases of their sculptures it was as if I no longer existed because they didn't need me help whatsoever! For the past couple of classes I have had to luxury of observing my students confidently create their cardboard sculptures from a distance.  I continuously walk around the room and assist the students by conversing ideas, feedback and personal assessment with them.

It is such a great feeling to watch the students run into the art room with bursting excitement  Many of the students have approached me outside of our class sessions to discuss their ideas and what they would like to work on next.  Due to the students excitement and motivation I've allowed the students to take home certain parts of their projects so they can continue to progress with their creations.

So, as you can see, no complaints here...just all smiles.  I'm loving the sculpture class and watching the sculptures evolve and depict the students' individual styles and personalities.  Below are student examples in progress (notice the variety of sculptures and different textures created by manipulating the masking tape).




No comments:

Post a Comment