Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Advance Sculpture: Day 3

Today we continued to work on sculpting busts with red clay.  The students seemed more energetic in this class and their busts seemed to gain flair and personality.  Students were adding mo-hawks, mustaches, large ears and long noses to their busts.

Ms. Wager would walk around the room and help students who....truly needed assistance with facial proportions   She also made the class get up from their seats and walk around the room to look at each other's busts to observe the variety of expressions and executions. Ms. Wager also explained to the class that we are going to hollow out the busts and fire them in the kiln during the next class or the following. 

In this class I went back and forth from sculpting my own bust and I walked around the room giving students my feedback about their sculptures.  I fell in love with one of the student's sculpture because it reminded me of Brad Garrett (the actor who plays the older brother in Everybody Loves Raymond).  Can you see the resemblance? 




No comments:

Post a Comment