Monday, October 1, 2012

The Best of the Best: Averill Park High School

 Wow.


My stomach started turning with excitement when I walked through the hallways and admired the displayed student artwork. I was flabbergasted with some of the students’ work.  The art work truly was impressive and truthfully superior to what my former collegiate colleagues produced. 


Evidently the art teachers know what they are doing and know how to teach their students! After speaking with my "coaching teacher", Ms. Wager (that artist below!)....


...I learned that Averill Park's art department consists of four teachers and is respectively known throughout the area for their prestigious art department.  Each teacher focuses on one major artistic discipline such as Studio, Photography, Sculpture Ceramics and Painting/Drawing. I am delighted to say I will be working in the Ceramics/Sculpture with Ms. Wager.  Not to mention I just received permission that I could also work with morning sessions in Studio and Painting/Drawing (YES!).  

I am beyond thrilled to work with Ms. Wager and her students! On the side note, Ms. Wager asked me if I’d like to join the students and produce artwork until I actually start teaching in a few months (DEFINITE YES!).  It feels great to be back into the swing of things and it feels so good to be back home, in the art classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sam! Your enthusiasm is contagious!
    You are indeed very lucky to work with such a wonderful art department.

    ReplyDelete